Friday, May 27, 2011

2 more!

Now that I have the easel back out I'm putting it to good use! I had a blast today for about three hours straight listening to good blues and painting these two one after the other. The first is from a picture I took from our back porch not too long ago. The second is from a picture I took a couple of years ago at Bear Lake. Interesting note, I painted the same scene en plein air last summer, as shown below. This is my first time painting the same subject in a different season's costume and I quite enjoyed it. Neither are masterpieces but it feels great to be stretching the painting muscles again.


'Telephone Lines'
Oil on Canvas Panel
8x10"

My inspiration for this one was Michael Naples, an artist who I greatly admire. He has done several similar wire paintings including his latest. His really put mine to shame though.


'Bear Lake in Winter'
Oil on Canvas Panel
8x10"

Here is approximately the same view in the summer:




No comments:

Post a Comment